Alright chummies it’s day 3 of pulled pork week! I had to do a BBQ recipe…I mean, come on! It’s pulled pork. This actually might be the easiest recipe this week. There are not many ingredients and the prep work is minimal. If you can find the mini bell peppers, these make a great party appetizer.
So here’s what you’re going to need!
If you’re not in the mood to continue reading this (even though I would love you to) here’s a printable version of the recipe: BBQ Pulled Pork Stuffed Peppers
Two bell peppers (It’s definitely worth spending the extra .70 cents or so for the yellow and orange bell peppers. The yellow, orange, and red bell peppers are sweeter than the green. I’ve tried to save money and use the green before and I wasn’t happy with the result. So just quietly mumble to yourself how expensive they are while you go ahead and put them in your basket. I’m basically telling you to be a passive aggressive grocery shopper today.)
Two cups of your awesome pulled pork
BBQ sauce (AGAIN I’m going to recommend the HEB Texas BBQ sauce. It’s the best! My dream is that one day HEB will sponsor me and pay me with this BBQ sauce. If that ever happens, I’ll know I made it in life.)
White rice (This is optional but I felt like it really ties everything in.)
- Preheat your oven to 400.
2. Cut the tops off your peppers and take the out the seeds and membrane.
3. Mix in the BBQ sauce in with your pulled pork in a bowl. I used about half the bottle of BBQ sauce. ~ 2/3 of a cup.
4. Now stuff your peppers with your pulled pork mixture until they just can’t take it anymore.
I ended up using all of the two cups of pulled pork.
5. Place them in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour. At 30 minutes, pour a little more BBQ sauce on top of these two buddies, about 1-2 Tbs. The sugar in it will create a great crust on the pork!
6. Eat em up! MMMMM. Dat crust.
I served my peppers with some white rice and broccoli. These also reheat exceptionally well in the microwave so they’d be great the next day for lunch. Let me know if you try these, or have any other pulled pork recipes! And as always “if I don’t see you: good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!” Someone seriously needs to guess this movie so I can use a new movie quote. Or maybe I’ll always end my posts with the same quote…IDK my BFF rose.