It’s the last day of pulled pork week…sad. I decided to end with another easy BBQ recipe. Surprisingly, Trevor and I aren’t completely sick of pulled pork yet!
This what you’ll need for pulled pork stuffed sweet potatoes.
2 medium sized sweet potatoes
2 cups of your pulled pork
1 cup of BBQ sauce (I’m sure you’re sick of hearing me rave about the HEB Texas BBQ sauce by now…so you should really just go ahead and buy it already.)
4 ears of corn
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400-425 degrees. Our ovens are ancient so they have a hard time reaching above 400 degrees. #littleoventhatcouldn’t If your oven can heat up to 425 with no problem, then cook the sweet potatoes 15 minutes less than I did.
- Rinse the sweet potatoes well. Prick your potatoes 2-3 times on each side with a fork.
3. Place the sweet potatoes in the middle of the oven, right on the rack! Set the timer for 1 hour. If your sweet potatoes are larger than this, cook them for an hour and 15 minutes.
Your sweet potatoes should look something like this! You can test the doneness with a fork. If the fork comes out easily, It’s done. You can also remove the skin if you want. I really love the skin and it’s good for you! 😉
When researching how to bake sweet potatoes, I realized there’s a bit of a controversy on the correct way. I’ve always treated the sweet potato just like any other potato. I’ve never had any trouble doing this. If you have a special way you prepare your sweet potatoes, let me know! I wanna try it!
4. In a pot heat your pulled pork with a cup of BBQ sauce.
5. To make the corn, start by bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil the corn for 5-7 minutes.
6. Cut a slit in the middle of the sweet potatoes, add a slice of butter, salt and pepper, and lastly add your pulled pork! I feel like anyone who has ever had braces cuts the corn off the cob. It just feels strange to bite into corn on the cob. I. Won’t. Do.It.
Well that’s a wrap for pulled pork week! We enjoyed it and I hope y’all did too. If you try this or have any recipes you love, please let me know. 🙂 “There, there, Hagrid…It’s not really goodbye after all.”